Skip to main content

Translate

Search This Blog

Can We See It?

    How many times haven’t people seen someone across the street throwing away an empty water bottle? How many times haven’t people seen someone next to their car on the highway throwing away a cigarette? 

    I believe that nowadays people (and me when I was about 7 years old) don’t realize how important it is to throw away our plastic containers and “trash” on the waste basket and not on the street. It is also not difficult to use the waste basket, so there is no reason for people to throw their waste somewhere else. 

    In the 21stcentury, people are more likely to think about themselves rather than others. I believe it that way because people don’t see what are the consequences of their actions in relation to the “messy world” we live today. A messy world, for me, is a place where people have been affected by the environment, for instance, by hurricanes, tsunamis, and other environmental disasters. 





Comments

HOW IT SHOULD BE

HOW IT SHOULD BE

Popular posts from this blog

Who Am I And Why Am I Doing This?

    My name is Indira Policastro, a current student from Lone Star College Cy-Fair. I am 20 years old and I am planning to get a degree in Accounting. Even more, I am planning to attend the University of Houston the next year, so I can pursuit my dreams as a student. Even that I wrote that I am attending the mentioned college, it is important to point out that I am also an international student from Venezuela.     This blog is an assignment for my BCIS 1305 class, which is a business computer class. This blog must contain a topic that is relevant for me and I want other people or students to know about it. The topic that I choose is about the environment. I wanted to write about this topic because since a long time ago the environment has been affected due to the activities that most people do. https://interestingengineering.com/10-ways-humans-impact-the-environment http://www.lonestar.edu/cyfair.htm

What Should We Do?

    If people don’t like living in a place where they are affected by the environment, they should do something different to change the situation, right?          So, what is people doing that the environment reacts this way? In my opinion, these are the reasons why: o  - There is not a proper use of waste baskets. o  - When industries are not careful, sometimes, with their chemicals. For instance, when a petroleum company doesn’t do a proper maintenance of their machines, so the petroleum could reach the ocean. o  - Companies prefer to cut trees rather than looking for a place that doesn’t have them. o  - The most common campaigns are focusing on other topics rather than the environment.      It is not impossible to live in a safer world, but the only way that we could live in one is to start with small steps; DO NOT throw the trash on the street. If people start thinking about it, I believe that the world will thank us and we will not face hurricanes and other na